Weatherall 1045 UV GUARD® Exterior Wood Finish
UV GUARD® Exterior Wood Finish is an exterior acrylic wood finish that contains highly advanced UV absorbers and stabilizers. These unique and effective additives give greater protection and longevity to wood surfaces that are continuously exposed to the harmful and destructive ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Extensive testing was done, during which UV GUARD® Exterior Wood Finish was subjected to high levels of sunlight, moisture, and temperature extremes. These series of tests proved that UV GUARD® Exterior Wood Finish lasted longer and provided greater protection than products of other major competitors.
UV GUARD Exterior Wood Finish was developed for log homes and wood siding. It is also very effective when used as a coating on fences, shingles, and other vertical surfaces. The exterior wood finish is also safe to use on interior wood surfaces, and is especially good for areas that receive extra amounts of sunlight.
NOTE: We do not recommend that Clear UV GUARD be used as the only exterior coating. While UV GUARD Clear will add greater longevity and protection to exterior wood surfaces, pigmented exterior finishes will provide even greater protection. In addition to the UV absorbers and stabilizers, the pigment particles themselves help to block the rays of the sun. Clear UV GUARD should be applied only as the “finish coat” after at least two coats of stain have been applied. Clear UV GUARD may also be used as a “maintenance coat” to brighten and reseal a previous finish.
- Penetrates and seals the wood surface by enriching the appearance, while shielding and protecting the wood with a longer lasting weather-resistant finish.
- Odorless when dry.
- Non flammable when wet and increases kindling temperature/time of wood when dry.
- Easily applied by brush or airless sprayer.
- Repels moisture while allowing the wood to breathe naturally.
- Provides excellent adhesive surface for chinking and virtually eliminates all debonding problems that are likely to occur by using other popular finishes.
- Manufactured in non-yellowing clear and beautifully natural semi-transparent colors.